Monday, April 23, 2007

I unlocked a Pandora's Box of intense proportions. Sundays need not be the boring post-drunk recuperation day. Now they can be part of the problem! Open mike with Blair Harvey at the road. No cover and a beer a song. Seriously! I go down, lay out some Robert Johnson cover and get drunk out of it.

Maggie played a few songs after some cajoling. *swooooooon* That girl is something else.

I did feel a little tired and anti-social when I got there but I (re)met Marthe Barnard who I have apparently met before had a great old time just talking about stuff.

I've been reading a lot about Zen lately and I am learning a lot from it about myself and being a lot more receptive. I've lived several years now with a real heavy focus on being able to live in the right way but I haven't thought at all about harmonizing it to my own life. It might be why I've always felt so dischordant. It might be time to stop simply going through the motions and start becoming the things that I want to be.

Yeah, so the downside of reading lots about Zen and philosophy is that I start talking like a 16 year old again. Time and place for everything I guess. Goal 1 should be understanding why I find things interesting and how I can articulate these reasons to myself and others. That'll be a subject for another day. Now I've got to find what Robert Johnson song would be best for the Rose & Thistle.