Monday, January 22, 2007

Rodrigo y Gabriela 2006-12-18 (Letterman)

Rodrigo Y Gabriela, you are fantastic.

When was the last time you felt your pulse race after just a few phrases? These two make me feel alive. I want to grab my guitar and bang away on it until either it breaks or I do.

I came across them via AOL's spinner site. I was actually looking up the name of a certain Rogue Wave song but this caught my eye on the sidebar. They were kind of shuffled in after TV On The Radio and The Hold Steady but company matters so I let YouTube be my guide and nearly had a heart attack after stumbling across Tamacun. The rhythm just hits you like a punch in the chest and only gets more electric as the song continues. Apparently these two used to be in a Mexican metal band together before moving to Ireland to pursue more spanish classical influences. They were discovered by Damien Rice while working as buskers and have raced to the top of the Irish charts.

I need to find out more. This is just incredible.

No comments: