Wednesday, March 18, 2009

While I'm Waiting for the Water to Boil...

I've had a number of issues on my mind since I last wrote that I could easily write several pages on but instead I'm going to start by saying that waking up with a hangover on a Wednesday and being unable to take a shower before work because your pipes have frozen is something no one should have to go through. Why was I hungover on a Wednesday? Well, as if St. Patrick's day wasn't enough of a reason we were also celebrating a friends birthday with green food colouring, Irish Whisky and hole-in-the wall bars filled with talented makers of Irish music. The morning was a sharp reminder that sometimes you have to borrow against your future comfort for the good of the moment.

That seems to be the theme of the past few days. After a weekend in which I fell into a feedback loop of boredom, I was lucky enough on Monday to leave the house with intentions of getting a coffee and working on a paper and ended up going for dinner with someone I really haven't had much more than a peripheral relationship with and very much enjoying the company and conversation. Unfortunately this was all at the cost of the time I needed to do my assignment so when all was said and done I had missed out on all but three hours of sleep. Tuesday, as mentioned, involved birthday cheer and St. Patrick's Day foolishness and spending all day cursing St. Patrick and his penchant for alcohol. Not to mention the realization that I have a week to write a research paper.

But before any of that I have ice to defeat and a spot between to blankets that needs me to lie in it for a while.

It's also become pretty clear that I get some pretty foolish ideas into my mind when it comes to the opposite sex. I'm still trying to figure out whether this is a bad thing that I should stop with the sobering brick of reality.

No comments: