Thursday, April 20, 2006

Speedruns at night

I am at the point in my study schedule where sleeping occurs at such random intervals as to make 'going to bed' a difficult game of me vs. insomnia. I've falling asleep in the middle of the day and stayed up till 4:00 doing nothing but trying to figure out out just what the Floyd Girls on my wall are talking about. So in addition to a strict diet of hastily prepared sandwiches and Ibuprofen and no chocolate/coffee/tea/sugar after 8 I've introduced something which has actually been able snap me off to bed just like that. I'll go to this site download a random speedrun movie and watch it. Sure enough after about 30 minutes i'll be able to roll over and go to bed.

Now I for one love this kind of stuff. In addition to the rediculious amounts of TV I download other useless shit I do to waste time this one is probably the most passively entertaining. Half the time I can just put one on and continue about my work or listen to music. I first discovered the sites ability to knock me out earlier this term and since then I've watched practically every NES, SNES and Genesis video they have to offer, I've even taken to watching the new submissions and unfinished movies.

I'm just saying, god damn that's a lot of games to watch. I can't wait until I don't need to resort to such ass-backwards methods of tricking myself to sleep. Consequently tonight will be Cabal. A game I have never heard of and expect to be pretty terrible.

No comments: