Saturday, November 15, 2008

Peering into the micro world - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Peering into the micro world - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Obama is everywhere.

I'm as ecstatic about the U.S.A.'s president elect as anyone else but his permanence from multinational issues to nanotubes is a little bit disconcerting.

A little while ago I let myself fully appreciate the magnitude of Mr. Obama's victory. At least I tried to. I was forced to stop when the entire world seemed to be morphing around me into a shape impossible to define. I hope that it's because my disenfranchisement with North American authority is so far gone that I can't recognize a good turn when I see it. As cynical as this sounds I do hold a certain reservation that Mr. Obama will fail to live up to the generation defining amount of hype and speculation surrounding his accomplishment.

I just want to believe.